Dr. Precious Lusumbami
Dr Precious Lusumbami is a Queensland trained Gynaecologist and Fertility Specialist. After completing her Bachelor of Medicine and Surgery degrees with Honours from the University of Zimbabwe in 2000, she travelled to England where she gained experience in Obstetrics and Gynaecology.
She then moved to Queensland to formally train as a specialist in Obstetrics and Gynaecology, acquiring skills from major hospitals including The Mater Mothers Hospital, Gold Coast University Hospital and Cairns Hospital.
Prior to going into private practice, Dr Lusumbami worked as a specialist Obstetrician and Gynaecologist at Cairns Hospital providing care to women in metro Cairns as well as travelling to Cape York and the Torres Strait Islands to provide care to women living remotely . She was awarded a Master’s Degree with Excellence in Reproductive Medicine from the University of New South Wales in 2017.
Dr Lusumbami is an advocate for women and their health. She has in the past served as a member of the Queensland Government Domestic and Family Violence Expert Advisory Group.
- Royal Australian and New Zealand College of Obstetricians and Gynaecologists (RANZCOG)
- Australasian Menopause Society (AMS)
- Fertility Society of Australia and New Zealand (FSANZ)
- European Society of Human Reproduction and Embryology (ESHRE)
- American Society for Reproductive Medicine (ASRM)
- Australasian Gynaecological Endoscopy and Surgery (AGES)
- Australian Society for Colposcopy and Cervical Pathology (ASCCP)
In her spare time, Dr Lusumbami is a busy mum of 3 children. She has made the Sunshine Coast home and enjoys the family friendly lifestyle the Sunshine Coast offers.
Ciara-Lee Somerville is the Practice Manager for Sunshine Coast and Wide Bay Gynaecology. She works with Dr Lusumbami to ensure your journey with us is smooth, caring and positive.